Places to visit in Mathura & Vrindavan
The birth place of lord Krishna, Mathura is an ancient city of northern India. It is one the important seven sacred cities of India. The city is dotted with lots of temples which depict various phase of lord Krishna’s life, Taking the devotees back to the divine era. The strong cult of Krishna’s bhakti present in the air of Mathura that is enough to capture your heart and touch your soul Places to visit in Mathura & Vrindavan.
Let’s take a glimpse of some beautiful tourist place to visit in Mathura & Vrindavan before you die.
Shree Krishna janam bhumi Mandir –
It is believed that that temple is situated at the place where lord krishna was born as a human being. The god kanha was said to be born in a prison cell and the exact location of the prison cell is now occupied by the temple. The temple is divided into 3 parts the garbh grah( actual side of birth), keshavdeva, bhagvata bhavan. The best time to visit is during the festival of janmashtami and holi.
The temple is located near the bank of Yamuna. This temple is known forits beautiful architecture, carvings, paintings and idols of god. It also known for its amazing swing festival at the start of the monsoons. If you visit during the festival of janmashtami and holi you will see the temple at its best.
The temple is situated in the cultural hub of Mathura city.
Vishram Ghat –
The sacred bathing and worship place on the bank of river Yamuna. It is main ghat and central to 25 other ghats. Lord Krishna is said to have rested at this place after killing Kansa. The view is worth watching when the grant Aarti takes place. Devotees float the clay lamps on the water. Since it is for 15 minutes but the reflections on the clear water that sparkles will fill your heart with joy and peace.
It is such a holy land. The land on which all sins are destroyed. Lord Krishna spent his teenage days in Vrindavan and It is major temple in Vrindavan dedicate to lord Krishna. The people here have strong beliefs that if some devotee looks at the idom with immerse devotion the idol or dog goes with him. So the pujaris keep putting curtain after every few minutes
This temple is among the 7 temples of thakur of vrindavan including shri Radha Vallabh ji, Shri Govind dev ji, Shri Radha Raman ji, Shri Radha Madhav ji, Shri Madan mohan ji, Shri gopinath ji, Shri Bake Bihariji.
Nidhivan & Seva Kunj –
The spiritual place Nidhivan is a small mystique garden of trees having extraordinary shapes and it is says all those tress are god’s gopis and become a live in midnight.
Nidhivanin vrindavan is a place where it is believed that even today Lord Krishna come and perform Raasleela. If anyone sees these activities, the concerned become dumb, deaf, and even blind.
Nidhivan has a place inside called Rang Mahal.
The place where the bed made of sand wood is prepared for lord Krishna each night.
Iskon temple –
this temple is also known as Sri Krishna and Balaram Mandir. It is a beautiful temple made of marble, which was build in the year 1975. The presiding duties of the temple are Radha-Syamasundara, Gaura-Nitai and Krishna Balrama. Krishna Balarama Mandir was set up by the divine grace of Bhaktivedanta swamiPrabhupada.
The deties of the temple are Krishna and Balarama,at the centre altar. On the right alter are Radha Krishna with gopis , Lalita ans Vishakha. On the left altar idol of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu with Nityananda, and of Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and his spiritual teacher Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura
The temple of devine love is a devine monument located in the holy city of Vrindavan which is dedicated to Radha Krishna and Sita Ram. The temple structure was established by Jagadguru, Kripalu Maharaj. There are many portraits and monuments of Krishna Leela inside the temple. The beauty of temple enhance at night due to the exceptional light show. Visit to this temple of love will gift you with a divine experience of tranquility.Places to visit in Mathura & Vrindavan
There are few more temples in the road of Prem Mandir you would like to visit-
- Lotus temple – The beauty of the temple will fill your heart with happiness. The temple is in shape of a lotus.
- Vaishno devi temple– it is one of the attractions of the vrindavan. It is decorated well to welcome the visitors.
- Ranji temple– Sri Rangji Mandir is dedicated to lord Sri Goda- Rangamannar.
- Goverdhan Hill- Goverdhan hill is situated at a distance of 22km from Vrindavan. According to the lord Krishna goverdhan hill is not different from him. Lord Krishna lifted the goverdhan hill during his childhood on one finger to save his village. This hill is considered holy and devotees walk 23km barefoot around the mountain and workship the goverdhan hill.
- Akshaya Patra Temple- located on the outskirts of Vrindavan. There is a fact that here is established a huge kitchen with large machine and huge containers for preparing food for thousands of school children. The kitchen had been set up with an objective to provide the mid day meals to the poor children in nearby village.
‘Akshaya’ actually means ‘never ending’ and ‘Patra’ means ‘A container’ thus akshaya patra is defined as the container that is never empty.
The temple is build in the form of a blooming lotus remind of the lotus feet of Lord Krishna. The altar for the deities is located inside the temple on the first floor. On the altar are standing the beautiful deities of Radha and Kridhna caved out of white marble.
- Birla Mandir- this famous temple is also known as Gita Mandir, situated on outskirt of Mathura-vridavan. The presiding deity of the shrine is Lord Laxmi Narayan.
- The Temple is made up with Red Stones.
- Jai guru dev- jai guru dev temple is a pilgrimage that attracts the people all over the world. also known as Naam Yog Sandhna Mandir. Temple resembles the Taj Mahal, being built with white marble.
- Gokul – This is the town where infant Lord Krishna was brought up in secrecy by his foster Mother Yashoda.
- Gokul is frequented by pilgrims, especially during janmashtami and Annakut festival.
There are few places you can visit in Gokul-
- Shri Thakurani Ghat
- Nanda Bhawan
- Raman Reti
- Rangbihariji Temple
- Nand Gaon –. Near the gokul, It is belived that during the kumra-lilas Krishna lived in this village along with his foster parents. Nandgaon is situated on the top of Nandishwar hill.
- Barsana Radha Rani Temple- Barsana is located 25 km from Mathura,situated on the top of Bhanugarh hills, the temple of barsana is the first temple of Shri Radha Rani, the goddess of love. Barsana is the place where Radha Rani was brought up, and people call her Ladliji and shree with love.
Holi and Radhashtami are world famous festivals of Ladli Lal Mahal.
- Rawal – rawal is 9km south of Mathura. On the other side of the Yamuna river. It is about halfway between Gokul and Mathura. Rawal is the only palce in our world, where shrimati Radha Rani is workship in her lalan (child) swarup. This is the place where her father, Raja Vrishabhanu found Radha Rani lying in an open lotus.
- Dauji temple- Belonged to lord Krishna’s elder brother Balarama. In Mathura, it is considered to be the oldest temple of ‘Vallabh Sampradaya’. This temple is also called ‘ Gopal Lalji Temple’. The main images of the Lord Balram and his wife Devi Revati is the main spirit of the temple. In this temple, Dauji, Madan Mohan Ji and Shri Vigraha of Ashtabhuj Gopal are also seated. There is a full-fledged market on the circumambulation path around the temple like a serpent’s coil. There is a hugr pond behind the temple, which purans have described as ‘Balabhadra Kund’. Nowadays it is called as ‘Kshrisagar’.
Vrindavan and Mathura is not just a place. They are the heaven on earth. Mathura is a land where Shri Krishna took birth and Vrindavan is a heaven that was built by lord Krishna himself as a symbol of her love for Radha. Come in Brij & lost your Heart in Brij.
Winding Up ❤️
Thank you for visiting Don’t Forget to Subscribe Our Newsletter the spot for Perfect Content for you. So Please Keep Enjoying & Keep Sharing. Enjoy!